Dear CarLock Customer!
You may be aware that we are coming closer to the shutdown of the 3G network by the major carriers. AT&T is the first carrier to plan for the shutdown in February 2022, with Verizon and T-Mobile to follow by the end of the year.
We want you to know that we will not let you on your own. If you own a CarLock 3G device, you will have an option to buy a CarLock device with a discount and have 5 months of free subscription credited to your account if you send us back your old device. In this way, you can get a new 4G LTE CarLock device with almost no real cost.
Your Device Will Work Normally in 2022
With February 2022 right around the corner, we would like to first emphasize that AT&T shutdown doesn’t have a direct effect on your CarLock device as we use multi-carrier SIM cards that will automatically connect to a different mobile network.
So your device should work completely normally at least till the end of 2022.
Replacement Plan and Schedule
Here you can find the 3G device replacement plan.
- Please join the replacement waiting list by clicking on this link and entering the email of your CarLock account and the serial number of your device. Please make sure you enter the right email that you use for your CarLock account as we otherwise won’t be able to process your request.
- When your account is eligible for replacement, we will send you a discount code with a 20 % discount to purchase a new 4G LTE device on Amazon. Note that it may take a couple weeks or months for you to recieve the discount code as we will be processing many requests. Don’t worry, we won’t forget about you.
- After you recieve your new device, you will be able to transfer all your data from the old device in a very simple way through the app.
- Send us back your old device.
- We recieve the old device and allocate 5 months of free subscription to your account.
We don’t want the devices you don’t use anymore to become e-waste so we would like to encourage you to send them back to us for recycling.
The replacement process will start in January 2022 once our Amazon warehouses only contain 4G units. Even if your purchase a new CarLock device on Amazon with 3G in the title today, it will most likely be a 4G LTE device. There are some devices from previous shipments that are, due to Amazon, unfortunately still finding their way to customers, this is why the 3G title is still there.
We will contact each and every one of you with all the information necessary to keep your CarLock devices working.
We are committed to doing things right and making the transition as seamless as possible. You will not be left behind. Our goal is to replace all 3G devices by the end of 2022.
Supply Chain Issues and Semiconductor Shortages
Our plan was to make a full switch from 3G to 4G at the beginning of 2021. But then we started experiencing issues with our manufacturers as they were not able to secure the necessary components for the production of 4G units. Despite our long-term and established partnerships, the 4G rollout had to be postponed.
3G to 4G migration is a considerable challenge for CarLock, but we want to do it the right way. We value your trust in us and want to build a long-term partnership. This is why we are subsidizing the migration to 4G devices with a 20 % discount and 5 months of free subscription if you send us your old device to help make this transition a win-win situation for everyone.
Please let us know if you have any questions not covered in this post.
Send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org